Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Thank you. My period skipped in february. It came beginning

Hi, thank you. My period skipped in february. It came beginning off march, then since then all of my periods have been atleast 2-3 weeks late. But when they have finally come they have been heavy as usual with blood clots as usual, lasting 5-7 days. i've taken oregnancy tests they're all negative. i'm really starting to get worried. as it stands my period is currently 2 weeks late
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are they using any contraceptives? When did their last period begin?
Customer: nope, no contraception
JA: Got it. When was their last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: and the last period started on the 26th april ended on the 1st march
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in their medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: last smear test was in september, nothing abnormal

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Your hormones are not in balance.

Excessive androgen level will disrupt estrogen peak and there will not be any ovulation.

That causes progesterone deficiency.

Thyroid hormone deficiency, estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, 17 OHP, testosterone levels should be checked by blood tests.

Pelvic inflammatory disease also can cause infertility and irregular menses.

Other possibilities can be uterus fibroid, adenomyosis, endometriosis, cervical polyps, ectropion, endometrial hyperplasia, coagulation disorders.

These causes should be checked with pelvic ultrasound.

Combination oral contraceptive pill containing ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel will help to regulate cycle.

Naturally, Vitex supplement 400 mg daily, Zinc 50 mg, magnesium 400 mg and Berberine extract 500 mg daily should help.

Naproxen 500 mg twice daily for 5 days can be used to stop the light bleeding.

Polycystic Ovarian syndrome is also treated with non hormonal options like Metformin which helps you to lose weight and lower insulin resistance, thereby improving hormone balance.

Since this has been going on for a while, you need blood tests, ultrasound and consultation with gynecologist.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
okay thank you i had a feeling it was hormonal inbalance but im not sure how to cure it

welcome

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
because also my hair has been falling out and my skin was breaking out too

Yes i think you will get the answers from hormone level testing first

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are u based in the uk ?

No I am based in US

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
sorry is the £34 for a one off call ?

Please contact customer service for help.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us