Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I'm unable to achieve penetration, it feels like there is a

Customer Question

I'm unable to achieve penetration, it feels like there is a wall! I have not had any trauma, and am able to achieve orgasm through other stimulation - normal periods etc as well. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: No contraceptives and my last period was 21 days ago
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I haven't had a smear test as I'm too nervous! No swelling, discoloration or unusual smells though
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I think that's everything thanks :)
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 10 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Have you ever achieved penetration? Have you seen a doctor to be examined given what you feel?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello no I haven’t! And feel too embarrassed as I’m in my late 20’s now! I guess I’ve been a late bloomer and now I don’t know if it’s just because I’m nervous or if there’s an issue! I have normal periods and feel like if there was something physically wrong I wouldn’t have normal ones? What do you think?
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 10 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I suspect there is more of a benign cause such as Vaginismus which is more of a muscular problem from a psychological cause which is not uncommon.

I would however start with an examination as a normal examination would exclude many other causes.

I appreciate it is embarrassing but you can request a female GP to do this for you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s okay and thank you, ***** ***** suspected this and have ordered some dilators online to try to use - do you think that’s a good place to start? I read that most doctors would recommend this anyway. I think I’m mainly nervous due to lack of sexual experience, I don’t have any pain touching down there or orgasming - as I said, it’s just penetration. I think I will try the dilators and see how I get on, and then get an examination. Let me know your professional thoughts on this, thank you. Also, have you heard of this before and is it curable?
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 10 days ago.

Yes, I do think that would be worth it, as long as it is not painful to use, then fine, but if immediately painful please do see your doctor to check your examination is normal.

And yes, it is very curable.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help! :)
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 10 days ago.

That is my pleasure, all the best with this.