Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I was wondering I can have a consultation. I have been

Customer Question

I was wondering I can have a consultation. I have been experiencing a constant discharge ( white colour).
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been an able to book an appointment with my GP
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have also been experiencing on the left ovarian a pain for some time now!
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 6 months i have also been in pain with my period
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
was wondering I can have a consultation. I have been experiencing a constant discharge ( white colour).
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been an able to book an appointment with my GP
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have also been experiencing on the left ovarian a pain for some time now!
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 6 months i have also been in pain with my period
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. This could represent a few things but the most likely is that you have a yeast infection called thrush (otherwise known as candida infection). This is very common and easily treatable. I would advise you to buy some 2% clotirmazole cream from any pharmacy and apply this to the vagina twice a day for a week, you should also buy a clotrimazole vaginal pessary at the same time or an oral tablet of fluconazole 150mg (both can be bought from a pharmacy, there is a pack called Canesten Duo which has the cream and the capsule in one package also). These should clear it up in a few days. It's important to wear underwear that is breathable like cotton and avoid any soaps or perfumed products near the vagina. Other than this if it didn't clear after 1 week, it's worth seeing your GP who should take some swabs and check for other infections but in 90% of cases from what you've described this will be thrush and easily remedied with the above steps. I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I wanted to know if I can consult and have a complete gynecological test such as extravaginal ultrasound a cytology

We don't offer tests or in person consultation via this website as it's purely for advice but what you're asking for there is very reasonable and seeing your GP and asking for a speculum examination and swabs including smear is always a good idea. Usually an ultrasound would be considered based on the results of these swabs. The other option is to contact your local private hospital and arrange to been privately.