How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 500
Experience:  Medical Specialist
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I want help because I have a problem with my genital area,

This answer was rated:

Hi I want help because I have a problem with my genital area
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: it seems like irritable or something like this Is all red no still no I have only a cream Baby cream
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: around 6-7 weeks now it seems no worse but still is active
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have it as a red wound, itches me I’m really worried

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. This could represent a few things but the most likely is that you have a yeast infection called thrush (otherwise known as candida infection). This is very common and easily treatable. I would advise you to buy some 2% clotirmazole cream from any pharmacy and apply this to the vagina twice a day for a week, you should also buy a clotrimazole vaginal pessary at the same time or an oral tablet of fluconazole 150mg (both can be bought from a pharmacy, there is a pack called Canesten Duo which has the cream and the capsule in one package also). These should clear it up in a few days. It's important to wear underwear that is breathable like cotton and avoid any soaps or perfumed products near the vagina. Other than this if it didn't clear after 1 week, it's worth seeing your GP who should take some swabs and check for other infections but in 90% of cases from what you've described this will be thrush and easily remedied with the above steps. I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had before this kind you have prescribed but this time is different
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It has not smth white is all red and only outside
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not in

I see, thank you for the information. Then I think it's important to see your GP who should examine you and also will take swabs to test for other infections. It can still potentially be thrush as the white discharge usually comes on later and redness first but in case this is a different infection like bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas vaginalis for example, your doctor will take specific swabs for them and treat you with antibiotics if needed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
you can not do anything more than this
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I send to you a photo?

Sure feel free to upload one please, thanks.

In the meantime I would advise you to buy some 'Vagisil' cream from any pharmacy, this will help treat the skin and also has some anaesthetic medication in it so it makes you a lot more comfortable too.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for the picture, this is very typical of thrush. There are some white plaques and quite a lot of redness too. Thrush very commonly can recur and I'm 95% certain that's what this is. I would still follow the advice I've given above regarding seeing you GP for tests and they should check you for diabetes too and to make sure you're not low in iron as this can also cause recurrent thrush if not treated first. I would also at the minimum buy some clotrimazole cream so you can start to feel better in the meantime. I hope that helps and you feel better.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you very much
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will do it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Another question is that it is possible that may be i took from my partner?

You're very welcome. Yes it is possible to get it from a partner but it's very rare as men don't get thrush very often at all. 99% of the time it's just because it didn't fully go before or if the person has diabetes or iron defiiency for example, it can return. Glad I could help. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
O thank you very much
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m in college can you send me a letter that I can stay home 2-3 days?

I'm afraid we can't give sick notes from this service, it's purely for advice. Actually you don't need a sick note for taking up to 7 days off, this is called 'self certification' it's only if you need more than 7 days off that you need a doctor's note. All the best again.

Shahid Karim and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you