How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 40696
Experience:  MD
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I'm looking for help to investigate my complete lack of

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl... I'm looking for help to investigate my complete lack of libido and that I usually experience some kind of pain in the pelvic area. I have an IUD for almost 9 years. I don't know where should I go and start..
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: it's been years now... it's just there... sometimes cod makes it worse... cold
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think of

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Lack of libido suggests you likely have low estrogen surge.

THis is commonly caused by long term use of IUD.

Pelvic pain can be caused by IUD commonly.

Pelvic inflammatory disease should be ruled out as well.

Ovarian cyst, Uterine fibroid, endometrial lesion are other causes of pain.

Pelvic ultrasound should be ordered.

Hormone levels should be checked including thyroid, estradiol, testosterone, FSH, prolactin levels by blood tests.

IUD should be removed.

Combination birth control pill with high estrogen content will be a good solution.

Dr Basu and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I've got the checked... but because of the IUD i don't bleed... so i don't know actually when my period is... but i do know that I "have" ... based on my breasts getting swollen and also higher water retention... I just can't say exactly... so shall I just go to the GP with what you shared and they can take it from there? Or shall i go to a more specialised Clinique?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Best wishes