Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I’d like to find out whether I need to induce my period if

Customer Question

I’d like to find out whether I need to induce my period if my endometrial is full, I’ve take a blood pregnancy test and my test is negative, I’m 9 days over when my period is due
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: There’s some pressure on my pelvic area. My period is pretty regular
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My last period was on the 4th and lasted 7 days, there after it was more brown than bloody it also felt more like a week of spotting
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have just finished treatment for PID and also have a fibroid and a cyst (the cyst eruption caused PID which inflamed my Fallopian tube)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But that has since been resolved
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I feel as though I’m on my period even with symptoms which are confusing as they remind me of being pregnant
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 13 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

Periods can be delayed up to 10-20 days, it's normal.
You don't need to worry about.

You just need to wait and your periods will come back.

But if it doesn't come in next 2 months, you would need medications to bring these.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much Dr Naz. I wanted a second opinion because my current gynae had said she needs to induce my period as this has never happened (although I had taken morning after pills more than 6 times this year, and I also took 3 days worth of brith control and stopped)

Yes, she can induce if she wants to.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just to confirm, I can wait for another 10 days before induction. I fear that may be invasive and I also am not sure what to expect

You can wait.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome.