Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I'm taking ce I'm taking cerazette for 2 years now Never had

Hello I'm taking ce Hello I'm taking cerazette for 2 years now Never had a period and last 2 months have been having a bit discharge this month I'm bedding like a normal period is that something I need to be concerned or is normal please?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain no period for 2 years until now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just that

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I'm in work can't have phone calls but can read and reply
Easier for me thank you

This looks like irregular bleeding. Breakthrough bleeding does occur in OCP from time to time.  A single or few episodes of irregular or breakthrough bleeding is very common and most women go through such episodes at one time or the other. It can be due to a number of causes like stress, weight gain/loss, excessive exercise, PCOD/PCOS (Polycystic ovarian disease), etc.

A single or recurrent irregular bleeding from time to time is very common. In your case also it is most likely related to a period of stress, or heavy exercise, weight gain, etc. You will usually not have another bleeding episode.

If the bleeding recurs for more than 3 months, or you have heavy bleeding in excess of 10 days, you have to go to a doctor for this.

Meanwhile, avoid heavy exercise, cut down on coffee, alcohol, smoking, regular hours of sleep, good healthy diet and take Zinc, Iron and Vit. C supplements

If bleeding is very heavy, you can take Tranexamic acid tablets (OTC), this is also to be taken three times daily. If this is not available, you can also take Advil/Motrin 400 mg (OTC) three times daily. It can help to stop bleeding. Take it after meals as it can cause acidity. If you have any acidity, then take Cap. Prilosec before breakfast (OTC).

This should do it, but if you keep having irregular bleeding you should show a doctor.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.