ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I'd like to speak to someone about switching my

Customer Question

Hi - I'd like to speak to someone about switching my contraceptive pill
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: Yes - 2 weeks ago
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: Would prefer to speak to a doctor directly about my query
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not at the moment
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

I am an endocrinologist. How can I be of help

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello I'd like to switch my contraceptive pill but I am not sure which one to go for. I am getting migraines and have put on weight. Currently on a combined pill but not sure if that's okay as my weight has increased. Last time I tried a mini pill I got severe acne so I am not sure what one I should try.
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 11 days ago.

The combined auto contact a pill as you know contains both estrogen and progesterone. The Mini pill contains only progesterone. So you have tried both types of oral contraceptive pills. Oral contraceptive pills are known to cause a bit of weight gain

All the contraceptives available in the market contain either estrogen or progesterone

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay...

I think you'll be better off with the combined oral contraceptive pills as this mimics the normal physiology of the menstrual cy cycle

May I know why you're taking the oral contraceptive pills please