Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Pregnancy, I'm 21. I have been having unprotected sex over

pregnancy
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I'm 21. I have been having unprotected sex over the past three weeks. One time in particular was cause for concern, so I took a morning after pill, and experienced two days of bleeding a week later. I took a strip test today which came back positive, but then took a clear blue test, which came back negative
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: haven't had one
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

A pregnancy test in early pregnancy can be inaccurate.

Any unprotected sex is indeed a risk. I would therefore repeat a pregnancy test in a few days time, if negative, repeat it weekly until your next period.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou. If I am pregnant was it possible to bleed for two days?

The pill can cause this, but bleeding can sometimes occur in early pregnancy. I would not read too much into that.