MD doc
MD doc, Doctor
Experience:  MD, vastly experienced (since 1994)
239748

I had unprotected sex yesterday and took the Ella one pill

Customer Question

Hello, I had unprotected sex yesterday and took the Ella one pill about 4hrs... However, from my period tracker I could see I ovulated 5 days ago...I was wondering if the EC pill will be effective and my chances of getting pregnant
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I'm not in any pain...my period is quite regular ranges between 28-35 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Well, I read on Ella one leaflet that it's not suitable for someone who is lactose intolerant which I am, but I was pretty confused yesterday as it my first and didn't see that until I after I used it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  MD doc replied 11 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok.. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm not sure I can afford this
Expert:  MD doc replied 11 days ago.

Texting is included in the initial price,

Not to worry :)

Expert:  MD doc replied 7 days ago.

I can understand your confusion, certainly, Ellaone pill will help prevent pregnancy in this situation,

Lactose intolerance is basically because many medicine have lactose as a filler, but not to worry about this in terms of the medicine acting to prevent pregnancy.

Do consider regular contraception, and use of condoms to prevent STis too :)
Cheers