Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have a thin endometrium 5mm on day 20 of a 29 day cycle.

I have a thin endometrium 5mm on day 20 of a 29 day cycle. How can I correct this? I also have polycystic ovaries. If I lose weight currently 17stone can these problems get better and me have a better chance of conceiving
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you ... view full
I am really worried I will never have a baby at 45. I cant have fertility treatment as I cant afford it and NHS don't do anything for my age. I just trying not to give up hope. I was 18st 7lb and now 17st and still trying to lose weight. I am just hoping this may be enough for me to conceive. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago at 13 weeks and have no children

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

There is nothing you can do to impact your endometrial thickness as such, however, yes weight loss will help increase your fertility.

Given your age, and your history, you should qualify for Fertility Clinics under the NHS, however some options would no longer be funded.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much so maybe something like ovulation induction could help? But if I only have a thin endometrium I won't be able to conceive will I? Sorry I don't understand much about fertility and conceiving

No problem. A reduced thickness can happen depending on your cycle, but can decrease with age. However with medical management it may be possible for a pregnancy. I would speak with your doctor to arrange some tests.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would acupuncture or fertility vitamins help

No problem, fertility vitamins yes, acupuncture no

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you are conceive plus or inofolic alpha best do you know? Can I still ovulate myself even with pcos? It seems strange I am 45 and only just got polycystic ovaries or is the endometrium that is a problem

Yes you can still ovulate yourself with PCOS. As to which supplement is better, I cannot comment other than any recommended for Fertility and licenced (not online from another country) should be fine.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is it the pcos or endometrium that is the problem

The endometrium is more of the issue.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can't do anything about it at all

I would arrange fertility tests first and assess everything first

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

No problem.