Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

Brown/ discharge like paste from breast after pushed on

Brown/green discharge like paste from breast after pushed on breast since it was so painful. Not breastfed for 3 years - also period has been getting further and further apart. 4th August last one and still not got the next one when I used to be every 4 weeks.
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? How long have you dealt with the discharge?
Customer: No contraceptives - I've had pain in my breast for a long time since stopping feeding but it's got worse and my periods have altered.
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: Smear was last year and all good.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have OI type 1.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay, thank you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (PP4337Q)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (PP15Z67)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There was a lot and it feel like with the pain under my aerola, that it could keep coming...
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No contraceptives - Sorry, I've just seen these.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've had white milky clear discharge if I've pressed in the past after stopping breast feeding but nothing like what I saw yesterday.

A greenish discharge from the breast indicates an infection.

This is something that you should show to your GP.

You are likely to need antibiotics for this.

It is not likely to be related to the change in your periods, you can discuss that with your GP also. A course of oral contraceptive pills can help regularize your periods.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti