Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I recently got a nexoplanon implant and I keep getting my

Customer Question

I recently got a nexoplanon implant and I keep getting my periods I have it for a week then it stops for a week
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I do have like cramps but my periods come for one week then stop for a week then start again
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I’m fine with typing
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with explanations and suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Well as you describe, Irregular periods are common when starting new birth control, so don't worry about them.

They would get less frequent within a few months.

While it might be unpleasant, it's also totally normal.

For the time, You need to take Advil 400 mg three times daily.

It can help to stop bleeding. You need to take it after meals as it can cause acidity. If you have any acidity, then you can take Prilosec before breakfast (OTC).

You can follow the below measures-

-Practice Yoga and Meditation. Try to remain away from stress. Keep yourself busy with your hobbies.

-You can top up your meals with vitamin D from fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna. Sun exposure, would also be helpful. Getting enough vitamin D may also support a healthy menstrual cycle.

-You can, make sure that your diet includes green vegetables, fruits, dry fruits, red meat, fish, and foods that give you complete nutrients regularly. Soy products, legumes, flaxseed, sesame seeds, olive oil, kale, celery, and dry fruits are some of the best food sources to get estrogen.

-You can include Cinnamon in Your Diet, It helps to regulate the flow of blood and is of great help.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there any medicine I can take to stop this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Like maybe going on the pill

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you so much for your help

I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If I’m sexually active does this affect anything?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Last question sorry

No, it wouldn't impact.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I really found this helpful

Welcome.