Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in dealing with cases of infertility, sexual dysfunction, obs/gyn
25020506

Is a bump or lump on the right side of your vagina normal, I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: is a bump or lump on the right side of your vagina normal, I feel discomfort went I sit down and slightly when I walk. My GP said she does think there is anything to worry about but is did refer me to a gynecologist
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I am 55, im not having any symptoms
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: today the GP had a look and said there was a very small cyst but I pointed out the lump on my right side, she said I don't think you have to worry about that because it's smooth
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Caring doc replied 15 days ago.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
I am reviewing your question please give me some time.
Do you have any pain?
Is it on entrance of your vagina?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No
Ok I am typing my answer please give me some time.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No
Respected customer, this sounds like a cyst. The vulval and vaginal cysts are usually benign lumps and don't need any treatment. They go on their own.
You should take sitz baths for 4 days,3 to 4 times a day for 20 minutes each. It should help to drain the cyst.
In women above 50,we do recommend to make an appointment with an obgyn for a detailed examination though, this is just to confirm the benign nature of the cyst.
I hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you so much
You are most welcome:)