Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I need some advice

Customer Question

Hi I need some advice
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
File attached (P6ZM63L)
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

When did you have an ultrasound?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi I’ve sent my message above thanks
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Before baby middle of last year maybe
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
October 20 I think
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
2020
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

So this pain was last year, not now? Just the bleeding now?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
the pain was last year non since having baby
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But the bleeding has me worried
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

Okay. So bleeding as you describe is likely to be old blood. A clot can dislodge and pass as blood. As long as this settles that is fine. If there is pain then this can suggests retained products such as part of the sac.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

If pain starts, it is more likely you have an infection and you should get swabs for this. But for now if the bleeding settles I would see how things go

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There’s no pain as I say I just worry as it’s not my period as I though it was I’m 6 weeks postpartum and my proper bleeding stopped all together at 3 weeks just weird why I would be spotting old pinkish blood again any reasons for this???
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I worry about the big C
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Cervical cancer ect
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I see doctor next Tuesday for a internal but what sorts of tests would you say I need if bleeding continues
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

I think cancer is unlikely given you had a baby recently, therefore it is more likely to be from that.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

If it continues then an ultrasound would be useful to assess but it does not sound worrying

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok thankyou as I say last year the same thing happened in between my period only ever happened once in my life had me worried sick it was half way to my next period that’s how I knew it could be my actual period so I payed for a private internal and he said my cervix looked really healthy I had a ultrasound on my belly and told them about left hand pain after sex and they say they couldn’t find anything so I was worried if the bleeding was coming again like it did that one time it just has me worried sick
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Couldn’t be my actual period not could
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Incase they missed anything and it’s coming back again after pregnancy
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
In my whole 32 years I’ve never spotted on like this before apart from now and that one other time just before I fell pregnant would the bleeding carry on in my pregnancy if it was anything dangerous from before so you think???
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 20 days ago.

It could be hormonal so a period but this doesn’t sound concerning at all