Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in dealing with cases of infertility, sexual dysfunction, obs/gyn
25020506

My wife has had Vulvar Cancer on four occasions, the last

Hi, my wife has had Vulvar Cancer on four occasions, the last time being in May of this year. We are wondering if getting the HPV vaccine would prevent any further recurrences or the cancer metastasising?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. Blood Pressure Medication, Thyroid Medication, Type 2 Diabetes, Medication for Depression and Anxiety.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Her health has been poor. She vomited quite a lot yesterday accompanied by diarrhoea.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, that's everything I think.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
I am reviewing your question please give me some time.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Could you please repeat your question? It seems incomplete to me.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry I got the full message there now.
Did she have a vulvar cancer or cancer in cervix?
What is her age?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Vulvar Cancer which had metastasised to one lymph node. She is 43 years old.
You are in monogamous relationship right?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
we are married 13 years. Both her mother and her aunt have had Vulvar Cancer and have died from it.
Ok I am typing my answer please give me some time.
Respected customer, since she is sexually active with one person only,and you are in long term relationship with each other,hpv vaccine is not going to help.
Because she has already been exposed to the viruses in all those years, she's not exposed to new viruses since you both are in mutually monogamous relationship.
Also keep in mind not all the vulvar cancers are caused by HPV infection.
The vaccine can help those people who are sexually active with multiple people and keep on getting new infections, vaccines can prevent the new infections.
I hope it makes sense.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that makes perfect sense. Thank you for explaining that so clearly to me, I really appreciate it.