Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have some slight bleeding / one clot 4 days after smear

I have some slight bleeding / one clot 4 days after smear (no bleeding for the first two days)
JA: How long have you dealt with the bleeding? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: No this has been my first smear test
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: My smear test was monday, this was my first one so I've not had any results yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing!

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist.. I am double board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you
at least some high quality guidance here. Please ignore any call requests as they are automated responses by the website and not sent by the experts! TEXTING would be fine.
Please give me some time to review your question. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Mild bleeding and clot can be normal after pap smear.

The blood vessels are irritated --can cause such bleeding within a week.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ah okay, thank you. So even though I didn't have bleeding for the first day it has just started yesterday/today

Yes this is still normal --does not suggest anything concerning.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Brilliant, thank you so much

welcome