Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have a miscarriage related question, I have seen a doctor.

I have a miscarriage related question
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen a doctor. No medications
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

What is your question please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had a missed miscarriage that was medically assisted 5 and a half weeks ago. The doctor said the bleeding should stop after 2 weeks but there was light bleeding for a month
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm now having my period and it is heavier than usual

I am sorry to hear

It is not uncommon to have light bleeding for a few weeks, this may have run into a regular period.

A suspect a heavier bleed will be with your first period, if this doesn’t settle as expected then I would advise some Tranexamic acid to settle it. And if it still persists then to consider an ultrasound

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** also a muscus discharge around 3 weeks after but it didn't have any smell. Is that normal?

that is my pleasure. Following this it can be yes, sometimes this is products that are being expelled

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's very reassuring, thank you very much

Take care