Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have polycistic overies syndrom since i remeber and last

Customer Question

I have polycistic overies syndrom since i remeber and last few months i have terrible pain in my overies and low belly..
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Few months and it's getting worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I am sorry to hear. Have you tried anything for this? When was the last time you had an ultrasound?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I tried only painkillers, doctors not doing a lot.. my last ultrasound was 18/02/2021
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm trying to find more help
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Do you take a contraceptive?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No i'm not taking contraceptive , i tried but was usless as my period still was not regular at all and same pain. Tried to get pregnant for few year but nothing yet
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I see. So if trying to get pregnant that rules out that option, a combined pill can work well in PCOS for this. If you are trying to fall pregnant there is little you can do if this is from PCOS. But if this is more recent I would consider another ultrasound to be certain there is no other obvious cause to your symptoms. An option is a strong anti inflammatory such as Naproxen which would be worth trying

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I tried to contact my gp but no luck.. i asked them a lot support but most of the time they giving me contraceptive pills 1st. They even done brain MRI for me because was looking for other issues
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Just explain you can’t take a contraceptive as you are trying for a baby. I would request a referral to a local gynaecologist

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will try to speak with them, but now during that covid not all the time is possible.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I understand, is private an option?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm looking now for a good clinic at the moment, possibly will visit one tomorrow, i just had very bad pain in my overy in right side i was thinking that i am gonna pass out that is why i send message here to get some advise i will try few different Clinic and will see what they will suggest
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Okay, well I wish you all the best with this and hope you get this sorted

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Take care