How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zee J Your Own Question
Zee J
Zee J,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 489
Experience:  Expert
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Zee J is online now

My vulva and vaginal area has been itchy for the past couple

Customer Question

My vulva and vaginal area has been itchy for the past couple of days and I don't know if it's a yeast infection or not. I don't have any other symptoms besides the itch. What should I do?
JA: How long have you dealt with the itchiness? Have you experienced this in the past?
Customer: About 4 days. I've had a yeast infection before but not just the itch by itself
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: June 2021. No irregular results
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am taking a prescription birth control pill but no other medications
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:


Past medical history?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm 21 years old. Other than a surgery on my wrist I have had a pretty standard medical history.
Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.


So you just have itching but no rash or discharge from front passage or problems with urine?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No urination does not hurt and I don't think I have a rash. My discharge is a little bit white and clumpy but there's not a lot of it.
Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.


Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.

Ideally would be to take swab test first and then start treatment

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do I take a swab test?
Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.

Swab test would be taken by doctor or nurse

But I can understand the problems with appointments, so I would advise to start using Canesten cream (which contains clotrimazole) three times a day for 10-14 days

Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.

You can get it from tesco or from local pharmacy

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Zee J replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome

Please do let me know if you have any further questions in future I would be happy to answer

Best of luck

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi should I use the internal or external Canesten cream?
Expert:  Zee J replied 13 days ago.