Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

Been bleeding for 11 days, I have made a nurse appointment

Been bleeding for 11 days
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have made a nurse appointment But I have anxiety and super worried
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont want to do a call Can I just talk to the doctor like im talking to you?

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am 30 years old
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I dont want to talk on the phone. I have anxiety and can't talk right now as I am panicking

Such excessive and prolonged or inter-period bleeding is called menorrhagia. A single or few episodes of heavy menses is very common and most women go through such episodes at one time or the other.

It can be due to a number of causes:

Hormonal imbalance:
* Stress
* Weight gain/loss

* Excessive exercising/workouts

* After outdoor activities like cycling, trekking, climbing

* Excessive dieting or overeating

Thyroid disorders

PCOS
Uterine Fibroid
Cervical polyps
Endometrial polyps
Lupus
Pelvic Inflammaotory Diseases (PID)

The most likely cause for you is a temporary phase associated with stress. It can also be brought on by excessive exercising or dieting. It will usually subside by itself without needing a doctor's visit.

However, it is recommended that any menses which last for more than 10 days or the bleeding is so heavy that you go through a tampon in less than 2 hours for several hours requires a medical checkup. There could be different causes, but the doctor would need to do a physical exam and a thorough investigation. They can do several things to help you stop bleeding so heavily--medications, D & C, endometrial ablation, to name a few. The best approach for you is to approach a gynaecologist if it persists

Meanwhile, try with these steps:

If bleeding is very heavy, you can take Tranexamic acid tablets (OTC), this is to be taken three times daily. If this is not available, you can also take Advil/Motrin 400 mg (OTC) three times daily. It can help to stop bleeding. Take it after meals as it can cause acidity. If you have any acidity, then take Cap. Prilosec before breakfast (OTC).

Avoid heavy exercise.

No lifting of heavy weights

Try to avoid stress - cut down on coffee, alcohol, smoking.

Regular hours of sleep.

Good healthy diet.

Iron, Vit. C and Zinc supplements

In most cases, this is due to stress and will subside with this. You can try these steps for 5-7 days to see if they help, but if the bleeding persists after this, or if it increases during this period, you need to see your doctor, preferably a gynaecologist.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti