Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

Is it possible to have implantation bleeding last 4 days and

Is it possible to have implantation bleeding last 4 days and fill 2 pads a day? It was a pinkish brown colour not a red period colour I am currently at least 5 weeks pregnant but I feel I could be further along if this bleeding is possible or was it possibly a strange period as I had just come off the Nexplanon implant
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain and my periods are normally every 4 weeks I’m typically on a 28 day cycle but I had my implant out September 17th and the bleeding september 19th and a positive pregnancy test on November 13th
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, it is possible but wouldn't usually be blood loss to that degree. Do you have any pain with it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No pain I had my nexplanon implant removed September 17th, then bled from September 19th until September 22nd morning but it was pinkish brown in colour and not red like my normal periods and it also didn’t last as long as normal and then I had a positive pregnancy test on November 13th

I see and you've had 4x days of bleeding with 2 pads filled a day since Nov 13th is that right?

I am concerned about the level of bleeding following the positive pregnancy test as that sounds like a lot of blood loss, more than I would expect from implantation. Are you still bleeding currently?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I only bled September 19th, September 20th, September 21st and for a few hours on September 22nd but no bleeding since September 22nd morningThen I had a positive pregnancy test on November 13th but I’ve not had any bleeding in between September 22nd and today’s current date of November 23rd if that makes more sense sorry

oh! Sorry, I see, ok well the fact that the pregnancy test was positive on Nov 13th and that there's no ongoing bleeding makes a huge difference, sorry I got confused. In that case I'm not overly concerned at all, so long as you feel well enough in yourself?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I feel fine thank you, I’m just wondering if it’s possible for me to pregnant more than 5 weeks as my app is saying I’m 5 weeks and 2 days does that sound right with dates to you? My midwife booking appointment isn’t until December 17th and I’m concerned if I’m further along I would be missing out on the important testing and screening at the correct times

It really is difficult to know, 5 weeks certainly could be right but it could be a week or so more I suppose. It's always harder to know when pregnancy occurs so close to a form of contraception being stopped as that always causes some hormone havoc for a short while. I think you won't be far off however so I don't think it should make a huge difference in I'm honest.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That’s great thank you it puts my mind at ease
Thank you for your help

You're so welcome, glad I could help if at all. Come back of you have other questions and all the very best for the pregnancy and the future :)