Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My period hasn’t stopped for 2 weeks, is that ok? no pain,

Customer Question

Hello, my period hasn’t stopped for 2 weeks , is that ok?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no pain, they were regular up until this month it started early & just hasn’t stopped
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have been a little stressed but nothing more than usual
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you! I am a little worried as I am 30 and want to make sure I am able to have children in the next few years.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would prefer to message at the moment. Thank you

sure, not probolme

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
30
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I want to tell you that what you are experiencing is a condition called amenorrhea is characterized precisely by the absence of normal menstruation in women this type of situation should be studied in depth through particular analysis and specific study by a pregnancy test an absence of menstruation leads to a suspicion of pregnancy as a first option then you can think of hormonal changes triggered by stress, anxiety and worry are also taken into account but always after performing a pregnancy test and what is the first thing to rule out, If the pregnancy test is positive you have to go to your primary health care physician to start all the corresponding controls and in case you are not pregnant then eventually you should go to the doctor to perform certain tests and specific studies to help us determine if there are hormonal changes that may be triggering this situation and thus assess the need for hormone therapy or medications to help improve this situation from the endocrinological and hormonal point of view.