Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I’m 23 and I’ve been without activity for 3 years and I did

Customer Question

Hello! I’m 23 and I’ve been without sexual activity for 3 years and I did it in 21st February, and in March and my last period was 13th of February and I used contraception and I took pregnancy tests and I’m not pregnant, my period started at 10 years old and went away when I was 13 to 16 years old and as been irregular the past years but started regular 2 years ago and now disappeared
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No! They are regular from 2 years already! The avarage circle is 34 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t take any contraception excepts condom!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for this information. What is your question please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello! I’m 23 and I’ve been without sexual activity for 3 years and I did it in 21st February, and in March and my last period was 13th of February and I used contraception and I took pregnancy tests and I’m not pregnant, my period started at 10 years old and went away when I was 13 to 16 years oldand as been irregular the past years but started regular 2 years ago and now disappeared Is that normal?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Thanks. No it is not normal for a period to disappear, normal is having a regular period.

Does this answer your question?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if it’s not normal what it could be? I’ve been to doctor before and I did a scan and I don’t have pcos or anything
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

PCOS is one reason but there are others. Anovulation can cause this, and this can be due to stress, weight gain, weight loss, hypothyroidism as well as ovarian failure.

Blood tests can be used to exclude all of these.

If these are all normal, then this is 'normal' for you. Therefore you do not need to do anything, but if you did want to regulate your period then this could be done with a hormonal contraceptive.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What blood test should I ask for?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Full blood count, Liver Function, Renal Function, Thyroid function, Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Progesterone