KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I went to visit the lab to do my own swab for yeast

Customer Question

Hi I went to visit the lab to do my own swab for yeast infection I made a mistake and broke the silver part at the top after I shut put the sample in and closed the top the top part kinda looked like aluminum that’s the part I made a mistake and pushed in with my nail they said it’s fine but I wasn’t sure do u think I will have to retest
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please check that the actual swab part where you took a sample (cotton part) was not contaminated? 

Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Did anything leak out of the swab tube?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No nothing leaked I just broke the silver with my nail and I don’t have any pictures
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Everything else was fine
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I took the sample and put it right in the solution then broke half of the stick off and put the top back on and that’s when my nail hit the aluminum part
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

In that case, the test should be fine. If there is any contamination, they will let you know and advise you to repeat the test.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How long does yeast infection test take to give me a answer
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

It depends on the lab or hospital where it is analysed but fungal infection tests normally take a few days.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you so much
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

You are most welcome.