Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I had an internal examination by a doctor yesterday and the

Customer Question

Hi, I had an internal examination by a doctor yesterday and the doctor ended up doing a smear test on me even though I’d had one a few weeks ago.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My concern is I had my shoes on and I’m worried as the doctor had all her examination equipment near my feet that she might have accidentally wiped the swab with my shoe before hand.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And also before going to the doctors appointment I have been in my work place where there is known mice and possibly mice droppings on the floor. My worry is if she’s accidentally swiped the swab with my shoe before putting it in me then I may have bacteria from my shoe which could possibly cause and infection or any diseases from standing somewhere where the mouse poo was
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 20 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 17 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I understand your concern but I think you should be rest assured that as physicians we are all trained to take atmost precautions for asepsis.

I do not think there would be any my dropping exposure in this regard and be rest assured.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am just very concerned after having a miscarriage last year and wanting to try again but worried if I have any infection from possible dirt or bacteria on my shoes from the mouse feces. That the swab for the smear test may have touched my shoes then used the same swab to examine me. If so could any of this bacteria enter past my cervix. I was also ovulating at the time.

No it would not be so and body's defenses are there to take care, and more importantly you are not at risk.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

You can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.