Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have fibroids does it affect me to get pregnant, I hv a

Customer Question

I have fibroids does it affect me to get pregnant
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: I hv a report with description
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have got my report it says:
Posterior sumucosal fibroid 7x5 mm
And posterior intramural fibroid 26x17x16 mm which shows vascularity
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer. 

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    It looks like you have a small submocosal fibroid?

This is a fibroid that is pressing into the uterine cavity.   Most of the time, it is an incidental finding and does not affect your fertility or a future pregnancy.    Sometimes submucosal fibroids are in an area that makes miscarriage more likely, if the pregnancy implants near it.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What about the posterior intramural 26x17x16?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is it too small? Is almost 3 cm?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could it block my tubes?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.

That again, is a fairly small fibroid.   It has less effect when in the wall of the uterus.   It would be noted if it was blocking your tubes.  So no.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.
Does this help to answer your question? I want to be sure that I have given a full answer and that you are satisfied. Please let me know if there is anything you do not understand and if you have any feedback for me.