Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I have stings and I pee a lot, this happened to me right

Customer Question

I have stings and I pee a lot, this happened to me right after the menstrual cycle ended and I had an unbearable smell what's happening to meJA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: I don't have it with me I have just muved in london
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your ager?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Any recent unprotected sexual exposure?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I haven't
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry at work
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you tell me please what I have to do because I don't have doctor hiar I have just muved

You are likely to be having a bacterial infection of the vagina called Bacterial Vaginosis. The other possible causes are a yeast infection or if you have a history of unprotected sexual exposure an STI like chlamydia or Trichomonias.

Since you are having foul smelling odor, bacterial vaginosis is the most likely cause.

You can use Intravaginal Lactobacillus capsules. You can get this from the pharmacy without prescription.There are several brands available, these help to replenish the good bacteria in the vagina and thus to get over the infection. You can use Dr.Formula's Nexobiotic or FemDophilus Women's Probiotics. These brand names are ***** ***** many other brands are available and you should discuss with your pharmacist about good brands.

An application of Over the counter CanesBalance BV gel twice a day.

Also keep the area dry and clean. Avoid using any vaginal douches.

Sexual activity should be done with condoms for at least two weeks. Use of toys etc should be minimized or done with condoms and strict sterility.

You can try with this, however if the symptoms persist for more than a week or get more severe, then you have to approach a doctor.

You will need prescription antibiotics like metronidazole or clindamycin. The treatment is fairly simple.

Hopefully these steps will resolve this situation quickly. However if the problem persists do see your doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti