Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Experience:  Expert
116987717

My partner she is from japan and she is 35 years old and i

Customer Question

Hello My partner she is from japan and she is 35 years old and i am 28 years old I want to know if it is possible for her to get pregnent, we haven't tried yet though to get pregnent
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No, but we both dont ha e any medical history we are perfectly hethy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: You can connect me now
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.
Hi there welcome to JA.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.
as long as she has no history of gynaecological problems or other significant medical history she should be able to get pregnant.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Calls are expensive
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can we talk here
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.
that’s fine you don’t require a call
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Until what age she can have babies
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi you there
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

There is no specific cut off unless she starts her menopause (the time when women stop having regular periods). As you get older there is a small percentage reduction in chances of getting pregnant but at 35 in a fit healthy woman there should be no problem in general.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She gets her period but sometimes the dates of periods changes should that be a problem..?
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.
Within her age group 80% of couples will fall pregnant within 1 year of trying if they are having regular intercourse. If this doesn’t happen then you can speak to your GP as you will qualify for further investigations under the NHS.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it idial to do the fertility test using the kits available in market and how reliable are those fertility kits
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

If she’s having irregular periods often she should speak to her GP so secondary causes like thyroid issues can be excluded

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

By fertility tests do you mean ovulation tests?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thats right
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

There are many different brands that sell fertility kits, overall they should test the LH hormone levels which indicate ovulation this is reliable however I cannot confirm the accuracy of specific brands

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

I would advise your partner to use an app to track her cycle, so she can monitor her period and fertility window. Indeed you can use ovulation kits to help tract them cycle if you wish to do so.

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

I would just recommend regular intercourse and cycle monitoring, If there are no underlying health concerns, 80% of couples fall pregnant within one year. If that does now happen you should see your GP for further testing.

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

Hope that’s answers your question, wish you all the best.