Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

Whenever I have sex with my partner, the sperm trickles out

Hello , whenever I have sex with my partner, the sperm trickles out of my body almost immediately or when I stand up eventually, this happens like 4 out of 5 times
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes this is my first time , overall is good.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you.

It is normal for the semen to trickle out, specially if there is quite a lot of it. Dont worry this is normal and you cant really avoid it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The concern is that we’ve been trying to have children for over a year now, so it’s really worrisome.

The key to getting pregnant is in understanding your cycle and the time of greatest fertility for you. In one cycle, within one period, there are4-5 days in which you are most fertile and you need to use this period. If you have a regular cycle, then the 14th day before your next period is your ovulation day, and your most fertile days will be from 1 day before that to 3 days after.

The easiest way to do that is the basal body temperature method. Take your body temperature everyday early in the morning after getting up. Normally it should be between 97-97 degrees, but on the day of ovulation, you will have a 1 degree rise in BBT. This is the time when you should try the most to have the baby.

Another important thing that you can do is to buy a Ovulation testing kit, this is available in any pharmacy. With this you can test your cycle to find out when you have your ovulation. This is the period when you are most fertile.

During the fertile period:

Have sex once a day. More than this can also dilute semen count.

After sex, lie on bed with the legs bent and with a pillow under the pelvis (so that the semen flows inwards so to speak) for about 30 minutes.

Avoid alcohol and smoking as far as possible at least during the fertile period.

Have good nutritious food.

Avoid extra exertion - while trying for fertility it is better to avoid doing cardio exercises like cycling and jogging during the second half of the cycle.

These steps will help, however if you do not have you should show your doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thanks a lot .
I also have irregular periods , anything I could do about that.
My periods used to be regular until over a year ago now ,when it started being irregular.

There is no specific treatment to regularize periods. Oral contraceptive pills are used but this of course is not an option for you.You should maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid all excesses like overeating or over dieting, overexercising or not exercising,etc.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay
Thank you so much . This has really helped.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health. Have a great day!

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.