Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I discovered my wife is pregnant and on tb medications. I am

Hello, I discovered my wife is pregnant and on tb medications. I am worried any effect of antitubercular medications on early pregnancy?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Do you mean with the GP?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is feeling serious nausea and unable to eat. Any drugs to Control nausea?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok. Thanks

Do not worry about this, all four frontline drugs used in TB are very safe in pregnancy, so this will not cause any harm. Still you should also discuss with your doctor.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks. The GP said the baby has high risk and his tb consultant said she is safe that is why I am concerned

No, I can tell you that the TB drugs which are normally used do not pose any danger during pregnancy.