MD doc
MD doc, Doctor
Experience:  MD, vastly experienced (since 1994)
239748

Please my partner and I have been trying to conceive for

Customer Question

Hello please my partner and I have been trying to conceive for like a year to no avail and I feel something is wrong. My current cycle that I am on my period started 4 days earlier which is wierd. I also got the ovulation test strip and saw I was ovulating even whilst on my period which is strange
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats all
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  MD doc replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for trusting justanswer.com.
I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, a board-certified physician.
I have more than 20 years of experience and have been assisting people with their medical questions on justanswer for the last 18 years.
Give me a few minutes to review your question. I will provide you with appropriate online guidance.

My response at times can be delayed as I may have to go offline, but I would definitely respond to your query.

Expert:  MD doc replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that,

If it has been an year, and if you are getting weird results on your Ovulation kit (ovulation cannot happen during periods) then it is time to get to a gynaecologist for a detailed examination and blood tests and other tests as needed,

They should be able to sort out the best time to have sex so as to successfully conceive,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are there any you can recommend around southampton in the uk or I have to go through my gp
Expert:  MD doc replied 16 days ago.

You would be better off going through your GP as private testing would be expensive, in my opinion,

If you want a private consult, I would recommend getting an appointment at the closest Nuffield hospital, they are a highly rated private hospital chain in UK,
Find out one closest to you here
https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/hospitals
Warm regards

Expert:  MD doc replied 15 days ago.

I am glad to be able to help out. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know.
If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.
It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.
Warm regards