Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I'm scared because over past two days a film has coated my

Customer Question

I'm scared because over past two days a white film has coated my hymen/ vagina opening, is this normal with thrush/ yeast infection?the white is only on the vagnal opening, not on any part of the vulva and my labia minora itches.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of your concern. A white coating if different to normal can be suggestive of thrush. It would typically be sore or itchy though.

It is also possible to get changes in your cycle which can change your normal discharge.

If in doubt, you can use Clotrimazole cream which you can buy from a pharmacy.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it's normal for the vaginal opening/Hymen to turn white if one has a yeast infection?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I've taken a fluconazole, but yesterday there were only small patches of white in my vagina and today all of the inside is white which is why I was a little disturbed
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

That is correct, thrush is commonly white in apperance.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

If you took a stat dose yesterday then you may take 2-3 days for the symptoms to resolve.