Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I’ve been trying for baby for 6 months now and nothing just

Hi I’ve been trying for baby for 6 months now and nothing just worried about fertility
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Nope haven’t been to doctor yet, it’s something I’ve been thinking about making appointment for, not on any medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing, thank you

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Do you have regular period usually?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
very regular

How many days your period lasts usually?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not very long, 2/3 days but these last 2 months roughly 1/2 days

Any painful heavy bleeding?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No pain at all, yes heavy enough when I had it last week but it stopped on second day

Have you been pregnant before?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No pregnancies before
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have no cramps or nothing on my period literally no symptoms

Thanks again for clarification.

Although you have not conceived yet, it is medically normal to try upto 12 months continuously before considering any expensive work up.

Hormone disorder, and uterus or fallopian tube problem can cause problem with pregnancy.

But they are only considered if you fail for 12 continuous months.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don’t need to worry yet about fertility? If nothing happens up to 12 months get checked then

That is correct.

You can start a prenatal vitamin with iron daily to help.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will give it a try, thank you for your help

Best wishes

I hope I was able to answer your question(s). If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is Dr Basu.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

welcome