How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Baker Your Own Question
Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 6404
Experience:  MD
108371854
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Baker is online now

I have a triplet pregnancy, 3 sac and 3 planceta. Tuesday my

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a triplet pregnancy, 3 sac and 3 planceta.
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: Tuesday my cervic dilate 2mm and one of the babe came out ant 15 and 2days I'm 37, no symptoms, no pain just went to the hospital for normal check and they found out
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: Now the other two are intact still no pain ans cervic closed back no infection yet in blood stream
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have sickle disease but NEVER sick SC And I want stitch just for rest of mind so the others can go full term
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good morning
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear this. How many weeks are you now please?

Dr Baker and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
15 and 4days

And you are wanting to know if a cervical stitch would be appropriate?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No will continue by chat

I will call now

Okay thanks.

So is your question about a cervical stitch?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please

So yes, it is possible to have a stitch from now until later in the pregnancy and they can reduce the chance of early labour

Have you discussed this with your obstetrician or midwife?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The hospital here in UK Saint Mary refused
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
that we stitches because the other babies are fine
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't know what to do looking for private hospital to go
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Getting provoke
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you call me please
I just tried calling but no answer, could you check your number please

Alternatively I can help you find a private Obstetrician for another opinion for you and we can cancel the call?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is 00447405009259
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just want to know all my options
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is someone there
Hi hve tried a few times now but nobody is answering sorry

Why did they refuse the stitch?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I picked up
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They refused because the placenta still in side and cos of infection

There is a message saying you are on another call

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I'm not using my phone
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just looking at the chat
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Or can I call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Cab I hive you my husband number to call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He is not in the hospital

Are you in an area with telephone reception?

Are you in the hospital currently?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm I the hospital

I see, I would suggest you discuss your concerns with your obstetrician as they should explain why it isn’t appropriate to have a stitch now. They are often very cautious so if this has been deemed inappropriate at this point, it is unlikely someone else would disagree

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The only thing they saying is cos of infection that is not there now

Having a stitch can increase your risk of infection by about 5% and I suspect if you have had a recent infection they would be concerned about a recurrent infection.

An infection is more likely to be a threat to your pregnancy.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No infection before and now
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What can I do to help the other two
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Cos I stable , the babies moving heart beat good
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Anything I can do I prevent what open on tuesday

There is not much else, the survival chance for two is much higher than for three

You will just need frequent monitoring

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What do they have to monitor, I don't mind staying in the hospital for another 4 months

Regular ultrasounds and Heart rate tracing

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I did 1 o Wednesday, requested for another one today

This will continue

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But they said since nothing changed I should wait till monday

What has not changed?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But I listened to the heart bite and is okay

Okay, so this is normal and expected

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That maybe i wasn't bleed cervix close

I am not sure I follow you now. I think from what you have said not having a stitch is sensible, in terms of what you can do, just attend your monitoring scans and assessment, nothing more you can do

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But how often for the ultrasound and should they nit check my pelvic too

I suspect monthly, a pelvic ultrasound is not required, just the obstetric scan

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok

I really hope this helps but understand it is an apprehensive time for you and your husband

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you

That is my pleasure, take care

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank u

Bye

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Bye