Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have an old contraceptive implant firstly. Secondly I have

Customer Question

Hi I have an old contraceptive implant firstly . Secondly I have experienced itching on my vaginal lips . What could this mean ?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I have not and I’m not currently on any forms of medication .
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My implant is years out of date and I haven’t booked my smear test I’m 28 years old .
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attend to you

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi I’m Amy
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I happy to message .

So not worry about the call, we can continue via chat

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I’m not on any forms of medication

How long do you have the itching ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It’s been on and off for awhile now . I’m not sure if it may be vaginal dryness or not .

Have you had any pain during sexual intercourse? Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
some pain during sex but not really really hurting if that makes sense .
Please give me a moment
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, I want to tell you that pain during sex is a sign called dyspareunia and is usually closely related to multiple conditions of infectious origin and often also of inflammatory origin due to vaginal xerosis or vaginal dryness which is one of the situations that you also suspect, it is essential to determine the type of flow you have as it is crucial to generate some diagnostic suspicion of what is happening also can help us determine what is the possible cause, itching may be due to a vaginal candidiasis but it is essential to note the presence of lumpy discharge and adherent to the walls of the vaginal canal if so clotrimazole vaginal ovule will be very useful an ovule via deep intravaginal every night before bedtime for 6 consecutive nights could help improve the situation at least while you manage to go to your doctor who will surely indicate all relevant studies of which a pap smear, a cervical cytology and a colposcopy can be very useful to determine exactly what type of inflammatory or infectious process you are experiencing. Finally, deep vaginal douching is forbidden since it can considerably alter the normal bacterial flora; sexual intercourse should be suspended at least during the time of treatment with clotrimazole to allow the normal bacterial flora of the vaginal canal to stabilize; I would like you to keep me informed of your situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can, I am attentive to any further questions in this regard.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your time
You are welcome. Regards