Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I started my period Five days ago. On the second day I began

Customer Question

Hi. So I started my period Five days ago. On the second day I began for the first time taking the pill. On the third day of taking the pill I had unprotected sex. And on the fourth day. But now I’m panicking. Cause I read your supposed to wait 7 days to have unprotected sex.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Regular
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 days ago.

Hello! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for the question. I will be with you in a moment.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 days ago.

I understand your concern. We do recommend women to use backup contraception for 5 days but that's not needed if pills are started within first five days of the cycle like in your case. You don't have to panic and there is no chance of pregnancy in this scenario.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 days ago.

Please let me know if you have other, related queries. I will be happy to answer. Thanks.