Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I just wanted to ask some advice to be extra careful. I had

Customer Question

Hey, I just wanted to ask some advice to be extra careful. I had three days left on my pill pack and went away and forgot to take them, I had sex within this time, I'm not sure if because I didn’t take the pills for a full month if I’m protected in this time or if this counts as my 7 days protected break?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No not yet, I’m taking rigevidon
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats everything thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello, would you be able to help me with the question above?

can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m 20

do you take any other medication regularly?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No only my contraceptive pill rigevidon

ok, please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, I want to tell you that there is a rigevidon contraceptive pill that brings 7 rest tablets that are 7 placebo tablets and does not have any contraceptive hormones if you have forgotten any of these 7 tablets that are usually red you have nothing to worry about because they belonged to the placebo pills that are used in the hormonal rest time, in case the rigevidon that you take are not the ones that have the placebo pills of hormonal rest you have to take into account that in this case it works like any other contraceptive pill in which when you forget a single tablet the next day you can take the forgotten tablet plus the one that corresponds to that same day if you forget two tablets you can recover those two shots taking into account that the contraceptive protection decreases to 75%, But if you forget 3 tablets you have to discard that box and start a new one when the next menstrual cycle begins, this should be taken into account only and exclusively in rigevidon contraceptives that do not have the 7 placebo pills of hormonal rest, I would like you to keep me informed of your situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions about it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thankyou for your response, because the 3 pills I missed at the weekend were just before my 7 day break I haven’t taken any since and was going to have my break like usual but was unsure wether I was protected because I didn’t take the pills for a full month. In your opinion do you think i’m safe or should I think about taking a morning after pill or maybe miss my break?

Dear, Remember that the morning-after pill is effective only within 72 hours after risky sexual intercourse.

Taking the emergency pill is useless if 72 hours have already passed after the sexual intercourse, which you believe did not have the corresponding contraceptive protection

.