Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I found a cavity in my scrotum and it resembles a female

I found a cavity in my scrotum and it resembles a female reproductive organ on further examination colorless hair like substance started to come out like thin hair can you please explain what is happening to me.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Actually it's a cavity in my scrotum in the form of a vagina I did some research and its like a female vagina on excess androgen

I see, thank you. Have you been examined by your doctor yet? May I ask if you've any other health issues? Thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have diabetes and blood pressure
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am embarrassed about this and I don't know if it s menopause or if I have both male and female organs

It is difficult to say. Have you had normal function of your penis so far in life?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a normal penis that's why I am a bit worried
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (P365PZQ)

Thank you. If your penis has been functioning ok (by which I mean it's developed normally and you've been getting erections etc.) then it's quite unlikely that you have dual genitalia but I would certainly say it's worth asking your GP to examine you and also to take blood tests for your sex hormone levels. They can also order you an ultrasound scan which can tell us definitively what the situation is.

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.