How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2068
Experience:  Medical Specialist
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I found a cavity in my scrotum and it resembles a female

This answer was rated:

I found a cavity in my scrotum and it resembles a female reproductive organ on further examination colorless hair like substance started to come out like thin hair can you please explain what is happening to me.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Actually it's a cavity in my scrotum in the form of a vagina I did some research and its like a female vagina on excess androgen

I see, thank you. Have you been examined by your doctor yet? May I ask if you've any other health issues? Thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have diabetes and blood pressure
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am embarrassed about this and I don't know if it s menopause or if I have both male and female organs

It is difficult to say. Have you had normal function of your penis so far in life?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a normal penis that's why I am a bit worried
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (P365PZQ)

Thank you. If your penis has been functioning ok (by which I mean it's developed normally and you've been getting erections etc.) then it's quite unlikely that you have dual genitalia but I would certainly say it's worth asking your GP to examine you and also to take blood tests for your sex hormone levels. They can also order you an ultrasound scan which can tell us definitively what the situation is.

Shahid Karim and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.