How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 18643
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have questions about my 12 years old daughter, We didn't

This answer was rated:

Hello I have questions about my 12 years old daughter
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: We didn't see doctor yet. She doesn't take any medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

What is your question? How can I help you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My daughter has unusual strong menstruation this month and today she has very strong belly pain in the middle of the belly. Is it possible to be something wrong?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also how and where can we get appointment to gynecologist for a child.

She is having menstural cramps. Menstrual cramps occur very commonly in women. This condition is called dysmenorrhea. It is also a part of PMS, or Pre Menstrual Syndrome

They are particularly common in adolescents and teenagers. It is quite common at 12 years. They are nothing abnormal, this is a normal body response.

They are caused by the secretion of prostaglandin, which causes uterine contractions leading to pain.

They are a normal phenomenon.

Some steps you can ask her to take are:

Warm compresses on the stomach

Painkillers: OTC painkillers like Motrin/Advil will help greatly in this.

Lie flat on bed and with your legs raised, do gentle bicycling movements with them.

Kegel's exercises: Look up this link:

Calcium - 1000-1200mg per day.
Vit. E capsules-400 mg per day.
Primrose oil capsules.

These steps will help but if the pain persists, you should show her doctor. Her doctor can also prescribe oral contraceptive pills which will help with this symptom. Taking OCP regularly will enable her to have pain free periods.

You can show her GP for this. Her GP can refer her to a Gynae if needed. You can also consult any gynecologists', there is special gynaecologist for children.

Dr. P. Jyoti and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you

Glad to help.

Wish her best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of her progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favorite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.