Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist

My mum has T2A N2 MO lung cancer. Shes had a brain and pet

my mum has T2A N2 MO lung cancer.
Shes had a brain and pet scan and thankfully nothing has spread. Shes has been told she needs to wait another 3 weeks before she can start chemo. why such a long wait? is this normal? we found out about the tumour 8 weeks ago.
This is Dr. Davidin the UK, they can have a long wait because of limited resourcesis she being treated through the NHS?she needs to also ask her doctors about radiation therapy.if her lung cancer hasn't spread out side of her lungs, she should also be getting radiation treatments plus chemotherapy at the same time to try to shrink and cure her lung cancer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes - NHS
They are saying that she will have a course of Radio after chemo. They are looking to keep the tumour the same size. its 4cm at the moment. Mum has severe pains in the side of her face too, traveling from her ear to her head.... is that a symptom?
severe pain on the side of the face could be due to a viral infection like bell's palsy or possible trigeminal neuralgia. which can be seen on an MRI scan of the brain with contrast.MRI scans of the brain are more detailed than CT or Cat scans of the brain.the PET scan would have shown cancer in the brain or spine but didn't show anything causing this R facial and head pain.she might benefit from medications like tegretol or carbamazepine which could help her pain in the right side of her face. ask her doctors about that optionlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using