Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist

I'm very worried - I had another breast ultrasound yesterday

Customer Question

Hi Dr DavidI'm very worried - I had another breast ultrasound yesterday and it was ok. The GP insisted I get the discharge checked.Since then I have had a recurring headache on my left temple and it pulses - I have had slight balance issues and my eyes hurt and i have to strain my eyes to see. Is this a brain tumour as the headaches are getting worse - over my eye and the pulsing temple.I'm convincing myself it's a brain tumour as the headaches are very sore. I also failed my peripheral vision test at the opticians.Please can you helpThanks
Fiona Skinner
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I know you have bad anxiety symptoms.

bad anxiety can cause headaches, dizziness, balance issues, eye strain

you don't have a brain tumor

you need to take your anxiety medication

and drink more water and take more deep breaths

you should try some regular exercise as well which can help your anxiety symptoms.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't like this constant feeling of unsteadiness and the floor can sometimes look uneven even though it's not. I have a stigma in the right eye.Why would you not think this is a brain tumour in your medical opinion which I trust as you have always been right but the headache won't go away - what's the pulsing and pain over my eye?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why do you think I can't see properly - when I google my symptoms brain tumour comes up immediately. Pleas could you let me know what my symptoms are and why when I look at flat surfaces they can look curved on the floor?

brain tumors are rare

you would have other symptoms like seizures, vomiting if you had a brain tumor.

you have bad anxiety symptoms which can cause dizziness.

your eyes and brain can play tricks on you.

are you on treatment for your anxiety symptoms.?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get rid of this terrible headache pulsing in my left temple please? Surely it should have gone by now? What do you think?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What are the chances of this being a brain tumour?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm still on these anxiety drugs
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

you should drink more water

you should take some tylenol or advil

do you have sinus congestion symptoms? runny nose? this can cause sinus headaches.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am drinking lots of water but I can't get rid of the headache.How sure would you be that it's not a brain rumour please? No sinus problems ever.I woke up with the pulsing early morning and it hasn't gone and it's horrible

I am 100% sure it is not brain tumor

have you stopped drinking coffee, tea?

caffeine withdraw can cause headaches.