wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Just an enquiry......i'm not sure if I am suffering with

Customer Question

Hello .....my name is Debbie. Just an enquiry......i'm not sure if I am suffering with underactive thyroid. I've just had normal results back from NHS but still not convinced that my thyroid is ok. Are private blood test better than NHS?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Not gr8! I had an op back in April for a couple of polyps removal and had a marina coil fitted at the same time as i had been suffering with very heavy bleeding and periods could come anytime. Since the op i have been feeling totally rubbish. no energy....coming home from work totally wacked every day and just feel like going to bed. Also keep getting very cold at times, tingling sometimes in fingers & toes and a loss of appetiie
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I told my Dr thyroid does run in my mum's family and he got me tested.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

No. The blood tests for thyroid function are the same everywhere....

How old are you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am 46. My GP (who has been very good to me) said my symptoms were due to my age and is low estregon levels. Do rgey give the same sort of symptoms as thyroid? My dr has given me Evorel 50 pstches which said would boost my energy and help 5he tiredness. I'm also a bit low in vitimn D and got a supplement for that
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

Yes. That may very well help.

Give the Evorel and Vit D time to "kick in"

If things do not improve then I would suggest you ask your GP to refer you to an endocrinologist.

I hope you feel better soon :-)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would u recommend a full private health check? To be honest I've never had a full body health check and wondered if it's worth considering?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

I think it sure wouldn't hurt. That way at least you would know that most things have been ruled out.

Make sense?

Dr. Rick MD FACS