How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Oncology
Satisfied Customers: 63529
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
Type Your Oncology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My sister in law has been diagnosed with primary bone morrow

This answer was rated:

Hi dr.
My sister in law has been diagnosed with primary bone morrow cancer and secondary spinal column cancer. She is british but living in Egypt. She is arriving UK for treatment next Sunday. What will be the regulations in this case? She is great pain. Should we take her to the emergency directly or meet a physician?Please advice
Thank you very muchSara

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

she will need to meet with her GP doctor and bring medical records with her to see her doctor

she will need to be referred to see a NHS oncologist and radiation oncologist to review her case for treatment.

her primary care doctor can prescribe her pain medications

she needs to be referred to see a radiation oncology doctor to be considered for palliative radiation therapy to her spine to help shrink her cancer and decrease pain

Dr. David and other Oncology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we send you her records and you give us your feedback. Whether she needs hospitalization or no?
She is in egypt now she is coming next sunday to London. She does not have GP. what shall she do in this case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is British but she was just born there. Her NHS is expired. Would she still be allowed for free treatment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in egypt now. Would you send me your number. Or you can call me at 00201068360509

I am a doctor in the USA here to help answer medical questions.

she needs to have her NHS renewed if she wants treatment in the UK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But the amount has been withdrawn from the bank account

I am glad we could talk by phone.

best of luck to your sister

she is young at age 50 for multiple myeloma.

once her disease is better controlled and her pain is better, you can then decide if you want to transfer her to the UK for consideration of bone marrow transplantation for her multiple myeloma to try to cure her of this plasma cell cancer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your call. Am sorry for bothering you again. One question: her dr said she is having osteoporosis so she can not have radiation. What is the alternative?

that is not true

osteoporosis doesn't keep patients from getting radiation therapy

I am a radiation oncology doctor.

radiation is expensive. that could be why they don't want her to have radiation therapy