DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Of Muhammad Ahsan Father. Last November my son dignosed

Customer Question

Dear Sir,I am Abdul Qayyum of Muhammad Ahsan Father. Last November my son dignosed Ewing Sarcoma. It was treated in Shaukat Khanum Hospital Lahore Pakistan With Chemotherapy & Radiations. After complete protocol of Chemotherapy and Radiation in last July 2019 it was reduced But when we did followup CT scan it shows regrow of Sarcoma.. I need your assessment and best advice if this case can be cured. All reports in PDF and Link available to download CT Scan & X-Ray images.Best Regards
Abdul Qayyum
JA: The Oncologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: I am inquired for my son
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I already put my message in which detail available. I need an E mail ID to send all record
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 9 days ago.

Treatment lasts 6-9 months and consists of alternating courses of 2 chemotherapeutic regimens: (1) vincristine, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide and (2) ifosfamide and etoposide. If there was no cure on any protocol but only reduction, more aggressive treatment should have been continued uninterrupted. Now when regrowth is there nothing lost in continuing again the treatment aggressively till complete cure is confirmed.

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 9 days ago.

Usually, if the cancer cells have not spread to other parts of the body, up to 80% of the patients with Ewing’s sarcoma can be cured. However, if the tumor has spread, then the survival rate would be much lower.