Dr Shahz
Dr Shahz, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS (MD), FRCP, FHEA
107958700

Mother suffering from extreme fatigue, abdominal pain by

Mother suffering from extreme fatigue, abdominal pain by ribs, nausea and bloated stomach. 51 years old and going through the menopause. Worried it may be stomach cancer.

hi, I will address your concern.

Dr SHahz

would you like to call ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can we message on here?

Sure, please let me know more about pain, it is in middle of abdomen or on sides? and when it comes ? after food or empty stomach ? Any change in stool color? any vomiting ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It doesn’t change after eating. Pain in the middle above navel, below rib cage. Feeling quite nauseous

Thanks for input. Based on that, the pain seems to be either from gastritis or gastric ulcer. Therefore, she need to get examined by doctor. The pain should respond to Gavison or Omeprazol which are available over the counter. Let me know if address your concern ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She’s been taking omeprazol for indegestion but it hasn’t eased any symptoms. Along with the chronic fatigue, nausea and bloated stomach. Could this be stomach cancer? Or symptoms related to the menopause?

in that case, she must have an endoscopic examination to rule out any serious causes including cancer. But, from systems, it don't look cancer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What makes you say that it doesn’t sound like cancer?

Based on the information you provided.

'Symptoms' not systems. apologize for typo above.

Does it address your concern ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What else could it be if not cancer? And what are the typical symptoms of stomach cancer? Does my mum not have them?

As I wrote before, it looks like gastritis or gastric ulcer.

For cancer, vague symptoms like sudden loss of weight but confirmation is only possible by endoscopic examination.

Thank you for the question. All the best. I would appreciate 5 star rating.