Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery)
5625079

I have a tender part to my neck above one of my lymph nodes

HelloI have a tender part to my neck above one of my lymph nodes which after looking at the anatomy of the neck seems to be my stylohyoid ligament on the right side. My back teeth on the same side seem to ache also and my throat and tongue feel irritated kind of like nerve pain but it’s not severe pain just aches at the moment. I’ve also been experiencing burning sensation in my ear on the same side and ringing in my ear! Please can you suggest possible causes?Many thanks

It seems you have either a tooth or gum infection or sore in the same area which can cause pain in lymph node and ear pain/ringing in the ear.

The following may help you;

1) Warm salt water gargle

2) Betadine gargles.

3) Ibuprofen.

You may need a course of antibiotics.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS MS (Surgery)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much :)

You are very welcome.