Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I felt a tiny, bump or spot on my gum where my wisdom tooth

I felt a tiny, bump or spot on my gum where my wisdom tooth was... (extracted a long time ago)... it was just one day, the next day it felt like it had gone away and third day back, managed to look with tiny mirror, it appeared to be teeny tiny clear blister (I think), I pressed a cue tip with anticipation mouth wash and gone again. I only saw hygestist last month, they didn't mention anything. My anxiety is heighten to rational thinking due to my best friend having been diagnosed with mouth cancer and in treatment.

Thanks for using just answer

Is the bump still there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not since I pressed it with cue tip and anticipation mouth wash, just strange it was there one day, gone the next and then back third day... I'm now terrified
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My friend has mouth cancer so now I'm super aware of my mouth
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It just feels smooth now after pressing it about an hour ago

if its gone, then theres no cancer there, as cancer does not come and go, sounds like a mucus cyst which burst

Nothing to worry about now

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I ask what a muscus cyst is and if it is common for them to come and go? Sorry to ask

Its a cyst with jelly like substance in it, and commonly forms in the gums

all kinds of cysts comes and goes, yes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Last question and then I will rate, can these happen to anyone for any reason, I stupidly googled and reading scary stories of nasty, dirty infections

Of cos it can happen to anyone for no obvious reason

you dont have any symptoms of mouth infection