Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

Im wondering if you can assist me, my father was diagnosed

Im wondering if you can assist me, my father was diagnosed with malignant Melanoma and Doctors removed it but didn't tread him with any therapy. after 4 months the Cancer spread into his Liver,longs and Bones than they started with Oral Chemotherapy called Imatinib (Gleevec). after 5 months the Cancer spread into his brain. and unfortunately he deceased 3 months later. im wondering if i can sew the Doctors for not starting Chemotherapy in first and when they realized that the cancer spread why they haven't started immunotherapy but just Imatinib, im wondering whats your view on it and if you see this case as a proper patient negligence

DId they have the idea that it has widespread when they removed the melanoma?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Im not sure but on the medical record it says as follow , Acrolentiginous maligned Melanoma Clark level V Breslow 3.4mm 16 Mitoses, ulcerated

It means they knew it has gone to subcutaneous tissue.

I am not sure why immunotherapy and chemo wasn't started. I am not sure if they already knew the spread and knew it won't help. It really depends on what rationale they were treating on.

And without the investigations and their discussion, I cannot give you the right answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
if I send you a full Medical report will you able to give your opinion ?

Yes.

We can start the converstaion from here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
First repost is a basic report and 2nd one is more detailed both in Nederland's

As suggested in reports, considering your father medical history they deemed immunotherapy was too dangerous considering the sideeffects and the age.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But this was only considered when the cancer spread all over, my point is why haven't they offered him Immunotherapy in beginning and why haven't they started any treatment just a few month later when the cancer was already in the lungs,liver, bones, at that stage he was still fit for it he was fully mobilized and active in business
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
this report was written 8 Dec 2017 he past away 8 March 2018 just 3 months later, and btw we changed hospital and contacted a melanoma Professor who actually
treated him with Immunotherapy in this 3 months but as you can imagen it was too late
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, Are you still with me ?

Yes, you are right, I believe they thought that it is local cancer and doesn't need immunotherapy at that point of time.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, would you be able to give me your opinion if i have a strong case in order to sue them
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
btw in which field are you practicing oncology ? any specific area in this field ?

I have worked in oncology for 2 years as specialist trainee doctor in Uk.

I don't think so. It will be along case and they might win it because initially it wasn't spread to start the treatment with.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But they haven't even do a CT to check if its spreading so how could they be assured that it hasn't spread in the first place ?

Yes, that is a mistake. I agree.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
a mistake which ended up with someone's live will you not call negligent ?

Yes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for your view, would it be possible to write me your opinion in a letter ?

As it is gone event, and he was not in my care. I can't do that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok No problems thanks either way

You are welcome, can you kindly rate this consult 5, it would be appreciated.