Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Can you please read my bloods for me as my consultant was so

Customer Question

Can you please read my bloods for me as my consultant was so busy the receptionist just sent me the results to get my gp to read. And im just anxious of them.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 13 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
May I request you to share/ upload the reports please?Any lab test or investigation has to be interpreted in correlation with the clinical symptoms of the patient.So I request you to elaborate on your symptoms and also the circumstances which led to go ahead with this investigation?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have cervical lymphadenopathy no illness or reason why I should since January. Intermittent fever extreme itchy skin
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Could it possibly be lymphoma
Thank you for the information.
I am glad to assure you that there is nothing suggestive of lymphoma here.
It might be due to reactive lymphadenopathy.
This is extremely common in general population and you need not worry about it.
Many times simple innocuous viral infections also cause this type of lymph node enlargement which gets better by itself in 6 weeks to 3 months time.
As such I can assure you that nothing serious is going on and you can just leave it alone and move forward.
But if you develop symptoms like - prolonged fever/ unintentional weight loss/ loss of appetite/ rash/ bone pains/ pallor or spontaneous bruising/ or sudden increase in lymph node size and the lymph node becoming immobile then you approach your primary care physician for further evaluation of this probable lymph node enlargement please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
having ebv is ok?
It's long standing and the lymphadenopathy may or may not be due to that.